Please visit our new You Tube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0AYQCdXZaLKNUXIBoQl4uQ
Below are the online platforms our school subscribes to and the children can access at home to continue their learning:
TT Rockstars – https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/13358
Practice recall of times tables facts
Purple Mash – https://www.purplemash.com/sch/stjosephswf9
A website built with access to the whole curriculum – staff will set your children work to do via Purple Mash, as well as the children being able to access a range of tasks and activities.
Our safe encyclopedia search engine, appropriate for children, is available for the children to access, by using our direct school link above.
Log in details – SJPS & then add your surname
Rising Stars Reading (Just Reception, Year 1 & Year 2) – https://my.risingstars-uk.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
Online Reading Books for Reception, Year 1 & Year 2
RM Easi Maths (Just Year 6) – https://www.rmeasimaths.com/
Online SATS revision tasks for Year 6
Online phonics lessons for Letters and Sounds – Reception and Year 1
Online phonics lessons are available from Letters and Sounds for home and school
Welcome to the Letters and Sounds for Home and School channel. This resource is designed by experts for use at home with children who are unable to attend school. Evidence shows that learning is most effective when children are taught by sticking to a particular programme. If you are not sure what programme your child’s school uses, please contact the school for advice.
New lessons are uploaded at 9am on week days during term time.
Reception: Teaching children to read letters and begin to blend to read words.
Year 1: For children who can blend and read words such as ‘stamp’, ‘chair’ and ‘green’.
Year 2 Phonics Screening Check Revision (Autumn Term only) Daily lessons to review Phases 4 and 5 to help children read words in the PSC.
Learning to Blend: Additional blending practise for children and are not suitable for Reception children in the Autumn Term as they contain letters and sounds that have not been taught.
Copyright 2020 Wandle Learning Trust. All rights reserved.
Below are suggested websites and online providers for you to access at home to continue your child’s learning:
Two providers (which we use daily in school) are offering free subscriptions to parents, during school closures – register for free accounts here:
- Classroom Secrets – https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
- Twinkl (Full Curriculum)- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
Packs of learning for EYFS, KS1 & KS2 – https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html
- http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/– Free tool to make your own word puzzles.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/primary/zd7p47h – Curriculum Video Resources
- http://www.crickweb.co.uk/Key-Stage-1.html – English, Maths, Geography, Science, History and RE games
- http://www.crickweb.co.uk/Key-Stage-2.html – English, Maths, Geography, Science, History, DT, ICT, French and RE games
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ – lots of online videos that help keep children active inside and also teach mindfulness and mediation
- https://www.typingclub.com – online programme for teaching and developing touch typing
- http://www.pobble365.com – daily creative writing task, inclduding story starters, daily sentence work
- https://spellingframe.co.uk – spelling activities with specialist resources for each year group
- http://www.lovemybooks.co.uk/– Creative, fun activities to support children’s literacy
- https://thereadingrealm.co.uk/– Free home learning packs/book and library challenges/quizzes/discussion guides/games and stories written by children for children! You can also now draw/write your own stories, poems, reviews, diaries etc, in the app too
- http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/ – vast online store of animated comic strips tracking legends and myths from across the world.
- https://thereadingrealm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/The-Nature-and-Animal-Realm-1.pdf – downloadable reading activity pack, with some GPS tasks within this.
- Oxford Owl – Free e-books!!!! – https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ (simply create a free log in to access lots of books online. Reception – Year 6)
Reception & Year 1 Phonics
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm Free resources and a free trial
- Electronic Phoneme Sound-Board: http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/demos/aaPrimary/Literacy/phonemes/Alphabet.html
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zvq9bdm (Phonics)
- https://teachyourchildtoread.co.uk/ – sign up for free e-books, linked to Phonics.
- http://www.iseemaths.com/home-lessons/ = a daily Maths lesson, at 9am, each morning.
- https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcoursekids – science with a bit of awesome– Youtube videos
- https://www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html– Games, latest news about the satellite launches, photos from the space and interviews of astronauts
- https://naturedetectives.woodlandtrust.org.uk/naturedetectives/ – activities for the garden
- https://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/learning-activities/science/ – lots of science subject areas covered with resources specifically designed for primary age children. (Other subjects are also available on this site).
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/14/30-ways-to-go-wild-with-science – lots of different and fun science activities you can do in the house or garden
MFL – French
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5XMF3Inoi8R9nSI8ChOsdQ – YouTube videos
A musical celebration of 10 years of Wakefield Music Eduaction Hubs Big Sing events and Vocal Strategy! Lots of songs and activities to join in with, perform and share. Kicking off with our launch song ‘ONE’. We want to make this the biggest Big Sing ever!
https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga – Yoga Story Sessions
https://imoves.com/ – free fun daily activities for parents to keep children happy, healthy and focused.
https://plprimarystars.com/ – Primary Stars Website – inspiring school children in everything from Maths and English, PSHE and Sport. Please register for FREE now!
- 100 things to do before you’re six
- Non-screen activities – from Pobble
- Purple Mash – Home_learning_activities-final