Within ‘Understanding the World’ in EYFS, through to the end of KS2, the children are fascinated to learn about the world in which we live and each day, all children watch ‘BBC Newsround’.
This opportunity means our children have continual awareness, and understanding, of what is happening within our world today. These current affair topics are often further explored during class circle time/discussions and within whole school assemblies.
Latest Newsround stories
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worrie…
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to d…
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here’s a clue – she’s pretty famous!
- Sir David Attenborough: ‘I’m astonished’ by Blue Planet plastic impactThe wildlife expert says he’s been wowed by how much people are doing to tackle plastic in the ocean…