Physical Education at St Joseph’s
The PE subject leader is: Mrs Helen Giles
We aim for all children at St Joseph’s to be physically active and have a good understanding of healthy lifestyles. Physical Education (PE) at St Joseph’s is age appropriate and children are challenged to develop their skill acquisition in a range of sporting activities. At each stage of learning, children should be able to demonstrate a good level of fitness, activity and knowledge of healthy lifestyles.
We intend to do this by:
· Ensuring a high quality PE curriculum.
· Supporting the curriculum with the Sports Premium Grant.
· Offering children a range of extra-curricular activities
· Developing a positive culture of sport and recognise this with the School Games Mark
· Developing the whole child – physically, mentally, socially, and creatively